- US initial jobless claims 218K versus 215K estimate
- prior week revised to 218K from 215K previously reported
- the four-week average fell to 215K from 217.5K
- continuing claims 1682K versus 1660K estimate.
- The prior week was revised to 1662K versus 1657K estimate
- The 4-week average was 1672.75K vs 1673.75K last week
The jobs market remains steady and strong. No real weakness from this report. The US jobs report will be released tomorrow with estimates of 180K for non-farm payroll. The ADP report yesterday surprised on the downside with 27K (vs estimate at 180K).